Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Back in the Saddle - San Diego & Beyond!

Hi all -

I have been way too busy to blog over the past four months, and here's why…

When I bought out my former rep in December, and started with the inventory they had had in stock, I thought I would be fine to fill orders written at the San Diego TNNA show in January. Boy, was I wrong! (Not that I'm complaining!!) The San Diego show was such a great success, that I sold out of the inventory I had purchased, and have been hand painting most canvases to order, as I slowly rebuild my inventory.

The best news is that I now have tons of inventory either on my shelves, or just about to be, so that in the future, my wonderful customers will (almost) never have to wait for their orders to be shipped.

I cannot thank all of you - shops and retail customers - who have been so patient over the past three months, waiting for your orders to arrive. You're the best!

Here are some pictures from the San Diego Show, which I could NOT have done, without the fabulous assistance of my cute sister, Liz Gardner. This was the first trade I had done since 1984 - 30 years! We had a ton of fun. The best part….meeting customers and Facebook pals in person.
My display at the Needlepoint "What's New" during the opening night cocktail party. What fun that event was!
Our booth finally set up
Our outside wall. We actually didn't have enough space to display everything we had brought.
 Everyone loved that Liz and I were color coordinated with our wares. I guess we'll make that a tradition from now on.
Shots taken with my iPhone - sorry for the garish colors.
The finished pillows were a big hit, as buyers could see the different stitches used. Now, three months later, I have finally finished all the stitch guides to go with them!
One of my extra display boards.

So what's next? Well, I'm still getting out the last of the San Diego orders, and have signed up for TWO booths at the Indianapolis show next month. I'm looking forward to meeting new shop owners, and seeing my new "old friends" again.

AND...I am going to try to post something at least once a week from now on, so stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment